The McComb Police Department is committed to providing a safe community by controlling crime through prevention, education, and enforcement of the law. We believe in the dignity of all people, and we desire to protect individual rights. We aspire to contribute to the quality of life for all people by providing understanding and compassionate Law Enforcement services. We take great pride in our professional accomplishments and abilities, and we profess an open partnership with the citizens of the community and other Law Enforcement agencies, for shared protection responsibilities. This mission will be undertaken by all who serve on the McComb Police Department.
The McComb Police Department will continue to grow, adapt and evolve as we provide the highest level of service and protection to our residents and the visitors of our community. With this vision in mind, we will achieve and surpass them by providing our officers and employees with the knowledge, tools, and opportunities to meet and exceed all present and future needs of the Village, within the scope of law enforcement services. We will work in cooperation with our community to proactively identify and address areas that needed improvement, and to continually provide the level of service and safety deserved by our Village, its residents and visitors.
- Being dedicated to quality, timeliness and excellence in our service to the community.
- Candor, honesty, and ethical behavior by the members of our department.
- Having pride in our work, in our dedication to public service, and being the best we can be.
- Both personal and organizational integrity as being essential to the maintenance of the McComb Police Department.
- Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving that involves a partnership between the police and public in problem solving and crime prevention.
- Honesty, integrity, and consistent discipline within our organization to maintain our credibility with the community.
- A partnership with the citizens of McComb in making the Village safe for all to work, live and visit.
- The opportunity to provide service to our community in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient.
- Innovative, creative and proactive approaches in meeting the demands of our crime prevention and law enforcement responsibilities.
- The need to engage in strategic and future planning and to keep abreast of the latest in law enforcement technology.
- The need to treat people with respect and dignity, regardless of their age, race, gender, appearance, individual beliefs or lifestyle.
- Sensitivity is the key quality that we should bring to our interaction with the public and other agencies in the criminal justice system with whom we interact.